Another week gone by and the Republicans are no closer to choosing a candidate to oppose the President. A few months ago he looked like a dead duck. There was no way he could be reelected. The economy is still in the toilet, Obama still hasn’t delivered on any of his campaign promises, and his go-to excuse of blaming President Bush is wearing thin. But none of that matters if the GOP can’t find somebody – ANYBODY – that they can agree on. President Obama’s ticket to 4 more years is being punched by his opponents without him having to lift a finger.
I recently wrote an article saying, in essence, that I agree with 90% of what Ron Paul says but the other 10% scares me. I then sat back and waited for the insults and hysteria of the offended Ron Paulers to come pouring in. Instead I received a number of well thought-out and polite responses from Paul supporters attempting to explain Paul’s positions to me. I still don’t agree, but the fact that Paul supporters, who are well-known for trolling any internet commentary even slightly derogatory toward their guy, have toned down the rhetoric and upped the rational arguments bodes well for his future. Now, if only they could do something about the fact that he’s roughly 112 years old.
Eric M. Blake
Camp Campaign’s Eric M. Blake wrote the article that will not go away on January 2, 2012. Six weeks and 208 comments later, the debate is still going on with no end in sight. At the rate things are going he’ll be able to invoke Godwin’s Law at some point soon & claim victory.
Anyone Hoping To Get Some News Coverage This Week
With the networks devoting roughly 23 hours a day to covering Whitney Houston’s untimely death and the remaining hour to mocking Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum as being out of touch and a religious zealot, respectively, there just wasn’t enough time for the Talking Heads to get to anything else. Better luck next week.
Referring to the New York Knicks’ first loss since the ascendance of superstar Jeremy Lin as “A Chink in the Armor” was so not-PC that it was almost funny. It would have played well on a late-late-night animated TV comedy targeted to teenagers and drunks. But for the premier sports network on the planet? Just not appropriate.
Yes, I know Ron Paul is not really 112 but is in reality just a spritely 76 years old.